Version Date: June 2020
Pharmacy Phusion Pty Limited (“we”, “our” or “us”) manages and delivers Medicines Access Programs and Patient Support Programs as well as providing advisory and consulting services. To do this Pharmacy Phusion needs to understand specific information requirements. Pharmacy Phusion respects your right to privacy and is firmly committed to protecting your privacy when using our services. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy. We understand and appreciate that users of our services are concerned about their privacy, and the confidentiality and security of any information that may be provided to us. We therefore aim to maintain a safe and secure system of handling your personal information and will ensure that such personal information is handled in strict compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act) as amended and all applicable privacy legislation protecting the rights of individuals, including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
What information we collect and why we collect it.
How we store and use that information.
How to contact us in the event you’d like to change your contact preferences, access and correct information we hold about you and how to lodge a complaint in relation to your privacy.
Information we collect
We collect information in three ways:
- Through the program. We will collect personally identifiable information provided to us from your Health Care Professional, such as your name, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, postal address and other contact details, the name of the prescribing doctor, as well as details of your current and any future prescriptions. We may on occasion share your personally identifiable information with other Health Care Professionals, such as, but not limited to, Pharmacists, Doctors or Specialists.
- Information you give us. We will collect personally identifiable information from you, such as your name, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, postal address and other contact details, when you knowingly provide it to us. Additionally we may also store other medical information relevant to your inclusion in the program. This may include information provided to us when you make a request or enquiry of us or contact us for information about our program.
- Transactional information. We may also collect information about your purchases via your participation in a paid or co-pay pharmaceutical programs. This does not apply to all programs.
We only collect personal information (including sensitive information) about individuals that is necessary for us to carry on our businesses’ functions and activities. We collect sensitive information only where you have consented to the collection of that information.
Importantly, in some circumstances if you do not provide the information that we request, you may not be able to engage with us, or participate in a program.
How we use information we collect
We will use your personal information for the reasons we collected it and for other reasonable business purposes in that we may database, store and process your personal information to provide you with the service you requested.
For example, we may use your personal information as follows:
- To enable us to develop, administer and manage our services and businesses;
- To customise services to better meet your needs and preferences;
- To review your engagement with the program;
- To provide feedback about your medication use to the prescribing doctor;
- For statistical purposes;
- To advise you of relevant and appropriate information or events;
- For research purposes to better improve our products or services; and
- Any other patient support purposes;
- For any of the above purposes we may contact you by telephone, electronic, postal or other means.
Information we share
Your personal information may be shared as outlined elsewhere in this statement. We do not otherwise share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Pharmacy Phusion, unless legally required to do so, or with our professional advisors, including our lawyers, auditors and accountants. Also, we will not disclose personal information to any entity outside of Australia. In any other event we will request your prior permission to share specific content on a case by case basis.
We are committed to the highest possible security of all data we collect. To support this we have engaged robust hosting providers and applied security measures, which help to ensure our systems remain as secure as possible.
We will take reasonable steps to
- Make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- Protect the information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods;
- and Destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose All personally identifiable information will be handled and stored in accordance with our obligations under the Act.
Access, Accuracy and Complaints
If you would like access to any records of personal information we have about you or if you believe any information we have about you is inaccurate or out-of-date and you wish to correct this, or if you no longer wish to receive health information from us, please contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
Phone: 02 9248 2676
Postal: PO Box Q1318, Queen Victoria Building, Sydney, NSW, 1230.
You should also contact our Privacy Officer if you are concerned that there may have been a breach of your rights or any rights under the Act. We take such matters very seriously and our Privacy Officer will respond to any such concerns with you directly in a prompt fashion.
Please note that in some cases we may need to impose a charge for providing access to personal information to reflect the cost of collating this information and providing it to you, however no charge will be made to discuss any request with you in the first instance.
© 2020 Pharmacy Phusion